Located in the Eastern Sierra’s right off the Old Carson Trial ( Highway 88 ) in the beautiful river valley leading up to Kirkwood Ski Area. Kirkwood Corrals offers a high country get away day ride with a real feel for “off the beaten trail” , yet your next to a year round Ski Resort. For the very adventurous, Kirkwood Corrals presents…
~ “Take a Deep Seat, and Hang-On” ~
Nothing like the view from horseback …
One and a half hour ” The Loop ” Ride
- $ 95.00 / person: This ride will take visitors down granite slabs, across back country creeks, and through spectacular pine forests and wildflower filled meadows
- This ride is a great time to see some beautiful back country. Recommended 7 years of age and up
- Don’t forget to bring your camera !!!
Half Hour Ride
- $ 35.00 / Person : This trail ride would use part of “The Loop” ride
- Save for children 7 years of age and up.
Ride ‘n Zip
Now is your chance to make a day of adventure and exploring at the resort: Start your day by horseback riding with JC High Country Horse Adventures at Kirkwood Corrals and then heading over to Zip Tahoe for a zipline canopy adventure!
Booking this day package gives you 10% off your horseback experience, and 10% off your zipline adventure.
Our suggested day of adventure is as follows:
- Call JC High Country at Kirkwood Corrals (775-315-1932) to book your Horse Adventure.
- Call Zip Tahoe (209.258.7330) to book your Zip Line package.
- Don’t forget to mention you want to RIDE ‘N ZIP to both your hosts to secure your 10% discount on the entire day’s adventure.
- Morning horseback riding with JC High Country Horse Adventures begins at 10:00 am.
- Your ride will end around 11:30 am; the perfect opportunity to grab some lunch at the Kirkwood Inn or General Store.
- After lunch, check in at Zip Tahoe at 12:30 pm for your 1:00 pm zipline adventure.
- For more information on the ZIP, visit them online (just click this link) at Zip Tahoe.
- Please call both locations to arrange your adventures.
It’s time to take advantage of all that the Sierra Mountains have to offer here at Kirkwood Mountain Resort! Please Note: Participants must be at least 85 lbs. to participate at Zip Tahoe and must be at least 7 years old to go horseback riding.
Little Buckaroo Day Camp ( Tuesdays & Wednesdays ) 9 am – 12 pm Ages 7 – 12 )
*** Starting July 10th
- $ 160.00 / Buckaroo: 1/2 Day camp for kids. Do you want your child to become more confident, have fun and learn a new skill ? Little Buckaroo Horse Day Camp is just what you’re looking for. Highly instructional and personalized equine experience. It’s a half- day filled with fun learning horsemanship skills, such as ; how to groom, lead, saddle, trail ride, horse safety and build self-confidence.
- Our Goal is to make Buckaroo Camp participants’ experience one they will cherish for a lifetime.
- Safety is also our main priority.
- Camp sessions will consist of 5 or less participants, ensuring safety and individual attention to the little Buckaroo’s.
SPECIALTY RIDES & ADVENTURE PACKAGES
Call for Details : We recommend you wear jeans ( if you don’t want saddle sores. Tennis shoes are the best option if you don’t have riding boots.
For Reservations call: 775.315.1932